Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 2, 2012


Family and Friends Git R Done!!! whats going on everyone!?! I hope you all have had a super duper week and are stayin out of that awesome summer arizona heat, just think it could be worse and you could be where i am at where its always humid and sticky!!!! This week has been Crazy with all the big storms we didnt have power for one night and it was so HOT in our house!!! But we are safe and our air is back on :).
 so this week things have just been crazy busy with the storm tryin to make sure our missionaries are safe. Apparently most of the missionaries apartment dont have electricty or water what a fun time to be a zone leader :)!!!
I wanted to start off by telling you all a little expereience about what happened this week, in no way am i trying be prideful or anything, But this is all directed by the spirit and its been on my mind the past couple of days. It was late in the evening on saturday probably at around 8 p.m and we were having a tough time figuring out what to do. I went and knelt and asked heavenly father to please bless to do something late this evening , help us know who we can bless and after i ended my prayer this name came immediately to my mind saying we needed to go see this family, I brought my companion in and told hime to pray with me and again the name came to my mind. So we went, we got there and the brother said " Elders thanks for coming i have been really sick these past couple of days and i dont know who my home teachers are and i would really like a blessing, we went in and proceeded a little later to give him a blessing. I know that the spirit spoke to me because I was willing to listen and heed its promptings, I know that if we follow the spirit  it will lead us to do whats right. i am so greatful I had this experience and i know it will be something I always remember.
 This week in my studies I finished Alma getting ready to start on Helaman, i hope I can finish the book of mormon at least 2 times before I come home. :) I found an awesome quote by Spencer W. Kimball that says :
"I find that when I get casual in my relationships with divinity and when it seems like no divine ear is listening and no divine voice is speaking, that I am far, far away. If i immerse myself in the scriptures the distance narrows and the spirituality returns."
 I know that as we continure to immerse ourselfs in the scriptures that we can recive that divine help that is nessecary throughout our day. I know that if we simply just pick up and read the scriptures daily our days will be better and we will be more happier as we seek to communicate with God.
I miss you all so much , I hope you all have an amazing 4th of July we will probably be going to a members house and watching fireworks and playing CORNHOLE its a game where you toss the bean bag in the hole, so much fun and I am way good , elder makemson is not that bad for bein blind in one eye haha.
I love this work so much I love my family and friends and I know that the work which I am about is true, I love the gospel and I pray that I can be the best represenative of Jesus Christ that I can be, I love my savior and I know that I am his diciple at all times and in all things and in all places. I hope you have a great week and thanks so much for your letters and support. :) i love ya!!!
                                                                                                                                   love-
                                                                                                               Elder Chaz Bentley          Moroni 8:3


No comments:

Post a Comment