Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April 2, 2012

I love you all. . And hope you know how greatful I am for my family and friends!!!! Thank you for your support for your love your prayers and everything. You all play such a big role in my life and I appreciate and love every single one you. Thank you. I hope your week was great a happy energizing week to help us become better members of this church, There is so much we need to do. I love the leaders of our church I admire their hard work and service and the time and energy which they put into helping us and bringin us closer to our father in heaven.
I wanna start off with a hymn that I really enjoy:
"The world has need of willing men who wear the workers seal.
come help the good work move along;
Put your shoulder tho the wheel.

The church has need of helping hands and hearts that know and feel.
The work to do is here for you;
put your shoulder to the wheel.

Then dont stand idly looking on; the fight with sin is real
it will be long but must go on;
Put your shoulder to the wheel.

Then work and watch and fight and pray with all your might and zeal.
push every worthy work along;
Put your shoulder to the wheel.

put your shoulder to the wheel; push along,
do your duty with a heart full of song
we all have work; let no one shirk.
put your shoulder to the wheel. "

This week I had the opportunity to watch 17 miracles!!!! So if your wondering why im talking about the pioneers thats why haha. But this week I have had spent alot of time thinking about the pioneers. I very very greatful for their examples, As we all know they went through so much they went through pain, hunger, thirst and fatigue, they suffered lost.But the thing I was most surprised with is how much they relied on the lord for strength how much faith they had in the lord to move across the plains, so we could have all the blessings of this church!!! They relied so much on the gospel of jesus christ and on the promises of the lord. I know alot of people may say this but I am so greatful to a modern day pioneer!! I havent thought about this much before but i am so greatful for the pioneers!! As I think about what it takes to be a pioneer, I have realized I can do so much better as a missionary to live the gospel of jesus christ. I got that message clear to me especially during this conference, I need to study the gospel principle everyday and live them. Some of the pioneers were even promised if they would live the principles of the gospel they would be able to make it to the salt lake valley!! I know that If I live the gospel in my life that Ill be able to make it back to my heavenly father and fufill my Treck back to him. Like I said early the pioneers put so much faith in the lord, I ever wonder am I ever converted that much to the gospel, I know for certain I am, I love this gospel and I am so greatful to have the fulness of it and to carry the priesthood of God, what a blessing it to me. I pray with all my heart that I will develop that same kinda faith like they had in the lord. I know that my treck as a missionary is much more that just knockin on a door and talking to someone, the lords purpose needs to be in all things i do and in all things we do. I am ready to put my shoulder more to the wheel these last 10 months of my mission. I am ready to step up and pull that hand cart and pull that hand cart back to my heavenly father. I know that angels will be there to support me on my treck I know that heavenly father will forever be there for me to give me strength, I am greatful for all of you because you all are my angels, thank you for helping me pull my hand cart and I pray that I can give that support back to you every single one of you. thank you. I need to step up now and put my shoulder to the wheel a little bit more and push along so this journey aint worthless. I pray that I can be a better modern day pioneer.
General Conference was so great, as always I heard things that I personally needed to hear and strengthed me as a missionary. president monson is always great, i sure do love our prophet and the leaders of this church and the service they give. Well probably one of my favorite talks was Richard G. Scotts on how to recieve presonal revalation, he said something along these lines that stuck out to me " make sire daily activities help us listen to the spirit." I really enjoyed hearing that and how just by our simple behavior can drive the spirit away. david a bednars in preiesthhood session was good as well. he said " be honorable, virtuous, be a good boy" sounds like a one liner from my grandma , I love you g- ma. I really enjoyed conference I was sad to see it leave, I love the words that they shared and I cant wait to read study and re read . to prepare for this conference I tried reading the last conference ensign but i didnt finish but It sure got me excited. What a special spirit there was during this conference. I loved it I pray that we will apply their teachings every talk to our lives in someway, remember it more than listening we gotta aplly it for it to take effect within our homes. I know that we have a living prophet who is called by god . I cant wait for next conference.
I am so excited for this easter season to focus on the sacrafice of my savior may he be at the center of our thoughts in all things we do and may we express our gratitude for him for his great sacrafice.
this past week I have had awesome teaching experience and have had so many encounters where I am listening to the spirit and i am so greatful to my father in heaven that i can understand and recognize it because I know that is what blesses the lifes of others.
I want my brother coda to know how much I love him, I pray for you buddy, make sure that your holding your aronic priesthood well, keep your head held high and know and always remember how much i love you, be a great example to your brother and sisters, I love you buddy , be a good missionary , always remain happy and bring that love of christ i know you can bring into our home.
I hope you all know how much i love you, thank you for everything , I pray for you all everyday and your families. please be safe have a great week!!!!
put your shoulder to the wheel!!!
-elder chaz allen bentley
moroni 8:3

No comments:

Post a Comment