Monday, April 23, 2012

April 23, 2012


What blessing it is to always email you all every week. I hope your week was great everyone has been tellin me around here how hot it is there, gotta love it. :) I sure do hope you all are doin well , would not wanna ask for anything less. :) Every single one of ya deserve the best. I sure love ya all.
 Well It sure tickles me that I am a zone leader now, I got a sa wa eet companion named Elder Kelsch from Utah. I remember when i was a yound missionary i wanted to serve with this kid and whatt do ya all know it happened. I am excited. We play basketball every tuesday and thursday and we gott a little tounament this saturday, us and 2 other missionaries that stay with us play .. Our house is always fun there is never a dull moment. We live in a 3 story house with a basement its a big mansion. This week we have been busy teachin and finding and jumping right into sone stuff. I had my first stake correlation where all the bishops get together and talk about the work, Me and elder Kelsch found 3 new this week , we have been poundin those doors i am so excited to see what this transfer brings. THis week we got to head up to charleston for a train the trainers with all the district and zone leaders in the mission. Then thursday we got Zone leader council where we talk about the mission. Our Zone has such great missionaries, I love bein able to serve such a wonderful zone and to be around a solid bunch of elders!!!!!
 Well not to much new this week. around here thought id share with you all some of my thought s about the holy ghost. . .
As we all may know the holy ghost brings so many blessings to our lives. I love this paragraph from page 65
Those who receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and remain worthy can enjoy His companionship throughout their lives. The Holy Ghost has a sanctifying, cleansing effect
upon us. The Holy Ghost testifies of Christ and helps us recognize the truth. He provides spiritual strength and helps us do what is right. He comforts us during times of trial or
sorrow. He warns us of spiritual or physical danger. The Holy Ghost provides the power by which we teach and learn. The gift of the Holy Ghost is one of our Heavenly Father’s
most precious gifts. Through the power of the Holy Ghost we can feel God’s love and direction for us. This gift is a foretaste of eternal joy and a promise of eternal life.

Arent those suchamazing blessing we can recieve just by simply bein WORTHY of the holy gohst to tell ya the truth, I wanna do everything in my reach to shoot for those blessings I pray that we will always remain worthy of that constant companionship. I love this story about the holy ghost !!!!
In the marvelous experience of Brigham Young in February of 1847, when the Prophet Joseph appeared to him in a dream or vision, Brigham pleaded to be reunited with the Prophet. Brigham Young asked the Prophet if he had a message for the Brethren. The Prophet said:
“Tell the people to be humble and faithful, and to be sure to keep the spirit of the Lord and it will lead them right. Be careful and not turn away the still small voice; it will teach them what to do and where to go; it will yield the fruits of the kingdom. Tell the Brethren to keep their hearts open to conviction, so that when the Holy Ghost comes to them, their hearts will be ready to receive it.”
The Prophet further directed Brigham Young as follows: “They can tell the Spirit of the Lord from all other spirits; it will whisper peace and joy to their souls; it will take malice, hatred, strife and all evil from their hearts; and their whole desire will be to do good, bring forth righteousness and build up the kingdom of God.” 

I pray that we will al follow the spirit nomatter what and live worthy of it. There is no better way than following it, I love you all so much I pray that uall will have such a great wekk, I miss ya be safe and know i love you all. Thanks for everything.
p.s scrunched on time thats why i was in a hurry sorry if it doesnt make semce haha

                                                                                                              love elder bentley
                                                   -moroni8:3


No comments:

Post a Comment