Monday, February 13, 2012

February 13, 2012

Hello friends and family!!!!!!!!!! Alright this week has been freezing!!!! winter has finally arrived in Virginia. I hope you all are doin well. Hope your week has been full of LOVE and that your enjoying the valentines day spirit:) I am so glad I dont have to worry about this holiday at least for another year. It really saves you money. :) Well this week was great and alot of great things lay in store for us and for our area.
Its so crazy for me to think that a year ago I was in the mtc!!! So crazy to think, It didnt even feel like a year has gone by. But I hope this year slows down so I can enjoy the mission life. I love my mission and it just gets better day by day. I love the trials and hard things I go through on my mission because I know they are only there to build me and make me stronger. I love the experience I am having and for how much I have grown to love the scriptures and being apart of this great work. Being a missionary is great.
This week is going to be really exciting because we are getting a baptism this week!!! We are pretty stoked for that!!! Although are person being baptized is going through such a hard time. Its really sad, but the coolest part is he is staying positive through it all!!! We are so excited for him. all he needs is one more interview which we are hoping he will pass, then he is on his way for this weekend. A guy I interviewed for baptism a couple weeks ago got baptized this last saturday. It was amazing to see all the changes he had to make in order to get baptized. This brother had a hard time breakin the habbit for smoking but the missionaries promised him something way cool. They said, "brother if you read the book of mormon everyday, I promise you will get baptized" It was an amazing promise. So instead of smoking he picked up the book of mormon and read everyday, this brother was able to stop smoking and is doing great !!!!!!!! You would have never thought this guy would be able to make those changes, but he did, and it was through faith that he was able to make those changes. It was an amazing baptism and the spirit was so strong, I was thinkin when I get home I am going to as missonary baptisms as I can because the spirit is amazing.
So this week I have been reading the scriptures so much. Like always because this time I have noticed things I have never noticed before. I came across a scripture today I have really grown to love. its in mosiah.
11 And again I say unto you as I have said before, that as ye have come to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his goodness and have tasted of his love, and have received a remission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls, even so I would that ye should remember, and always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own nothingness, and his goodness and long-suffering towards you, unworthy creatures, and humble yourselves even in the depths of humility, calling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing steadfastly in the faith of that which is to come, which was spoken by the mouth of the angel.
12 And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the love of God, and always retain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true.
I really loved this scripture, I love the blessing from verse 12. I really love how it says we should humble ourselves in depths of humilty. I have been ponderin that line over and over again. i really in order to recieve blessings I gotta humble myself, and call on my father in heaven in faith. I realized prayer is more than just gettin on our knees and saying a faithfull prayer, we really should think about who we are talking to and show humilty to him who blesses us daily. I know that is true , I know our father in heaven will bless us as we humble ourselves. I realixe I can pray with much more meaning and we should treat every prayer with respect show that love to him who loves us most. i guess a good example of this would be, when we invite our investigators to pray recently it seems as if they are scared to pray as if someone is going to judge their prayers, but when they pray I can really tell they are communicating with god. that they are showing that humility for them, i have come to love hearing my investigators and those i teach pray , its amazing. I love that scripture.
Well life is pretty good for me, I hope you all know how greatful I am for you, I can tell this week is going to be so great!! I hope and pray we can find that elect person who is being prepared for us we are hoping to find them this week, we think we have an idea on who it is. :) I am excited. I know that the lord has blessed me so much in my life with such wonderful blessings. family friends most of all MY MISSION!!! I hope you all have such a great week. and remember i love ya. And most of all lets us express that love our father in heaven who loves us most this Valentines day!!!! I LOVE YA!!!!!! have a great week.
Happy valentines day.

love elder bentley:
moroni 8:3

No comments:

Post a Comment