Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January 24, 2012

Howdy ya'all!!! I hope you all are doin fantastic this week was pretty exciting on neck of the woods. I have had alot of cool experiences this week spiritual and just awesome experience that not to many missionaries get. :).
I will start with the exciting news. This week Elder Piper from the first quorum of the 70 came and talked to our mission this weekend. He mad our mission a pretty cool promise while he meet, he said if we as missionaries would be prayerful every companionship in the mission could find and baptize someone in 6 weeks. I thought that was a pretty cool promise from a servant of the lord. He said we need to find someone who is elect and prepared by the lord. I know that the lord is preparing someone in "BV" I know that those elect people are out there. So the cool part was when Elder Piper came he interviewed me. . . I was so nervous. So I sat down straight across me he asked me, where I was from, how long I have been on a mission, He asked me how often I wrote my family, he said to write them every week. and he told me to make a promise to you all. He wanted me to to you all thank you from him for letting me serve a mission. So someone from the 70 told me to tell you all thank you for letting me serve. I wanna thank you all for your support which you give to me on a mission. Every single one of you help me out so much and I really appreciate it. So then he asked me if I was obedient, what I learned from the meeting, he asked if I sustain president Pitt as my mission president. Then I went on to tell him how I was I grateful for him and I sustain him. It was a great interview, after I walked out president Pitt was waiting by the door and he said this is one of the finest elders in the mission, isnt he great. . So that was a pretty cool.
Me and elder partridge went on exchanges this week. We went Tracting and this was probably one of the weirdest exchanges ever. We knock on a couple of doors and we get this referral from a member to try this house on the corner so we did. We were walking up to the door and we looked through the window and saw this person run and a trail of pink follow her. We get up to the door and knocked and no one answered so we continued tracting and we got half way down the street and we looked back at that house and saw this lady standing in a pink robe leaning against her house and she was like that for a good while. When after two houses she was gone!! and it wasnt even a second then we look back and we saw her staring at us through her back door window, in her house staring, it was so weird haha. It was something you only see in a scary movie haha. That was fun.
Then Me and elder Davis had an amazing visit yesterday with a less- active. We have eaten dinner with this brothers family alot and his family is all active but somewhere down the line he wont come to church. We are really good friends with this family. So I felt really impressed the day before we should go visit him. We went the next morning at around 11:30 A.M and he was home we sat down and talked about his family, how his family was doing so well at church, but we didnt want to make it awkward and we couldnt find a way to lead into to inviting him to church. So I jumped into it and said brother we miss seeing you at church, we went on to tell him how much we love his family and him, we explained the blessings of attending church we read a scripture from 3 nephi, and This whole time I was sitting there bearing my testimony.It was amazing the spirit was so strong, afterwards he looks at me, and says elder bentley it looks like something is weighing you down. . . I looked at him and said ya. . something is. . " We love ya and we want you to come back to church" he immediately started crying. . . I knew that the spirit said everything he needed. He asked if I would give the closing prayer I did. and I felt the spirit so much, and I know this brother did, i hope he realized the importance of coming back to church. This is one of the coolest experiences I will always remember.
Something I have been tryin to work on alot is charity. . . i wanna share with you all a quote from Marvin J. Ashton:

"Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don’t judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting someone’s differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn’t handle something the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another’s weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other.

None of us need one more person bashing or pointing out where we have failed or fallen short. Most of us are already well aware of the areas in which we are weak. What each of us does need is family, friends, employers, and brothers and sisters who support us, who have the patience to teach us, who believe in us, and who believe we’re trying to do the best we can, in spite of our weaknesses. What ever happened to giving each other the benefit of the doubt? What ever happened to hoping that another person would succeed or achieve? What ever happened to rooting for each other?"

I know that charity is much more than just the pure love of christ, I have been tryin this my whole life to be patient with others dispite of their weakness but I am greatful for the pure love of christ that comforts me and i love this scripture in Moroni 7:47-48
47 But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.
48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.
I know if we pray with all the energy of heart we can be filled with this special gift. I know with charity we will see our father like he is and we will be purified even as he is pure. What an amazing promise by developing a christ like attribute. I pray that we will always remember to have charity and remember how important it is in our daily lives.
Mckay I want you to know I love you cuz so much, I am praying for you to feel better. Remember you are the best I know that heavenly father is watching over you he loves you and my prayers are for. i love you cuz . feel better. I miss all the times we hung out and went to the lake and went out to eat that was always so fun. your the best buddy. hang in there you will make it through. remember these trials sometimes are made to bring us closer to our father in heaven. you are well taken care of :) like one of my favorite hymns say "dont forget to pray". . .
Well turns out I am not getting transfered im staying at least another 6 weeks in BV. I know there is alot to do here in BV. Im still going to be district leader and no one else is leaving in our district. Well I love you all so much. I pray that you all are well. And may all the lords richest blessings be with you. I love ya.
-elder bentley
moroni 8:3

No comments:

Post a Comment