Saturday, November 26, 2011

November 21st, 2011

Hello you all!! i hope everyone has a brilliant week!!! i hope everyone is staying safe and enjoying the nice weather lately. I hate to brag but its so much nicer here than it would be in Arizona. Dad you would love it. Well i am so excited to tell you all about my week.
This week started great and ended great :). I am lovin my life as a missionary so much!!! This week i went on exchanges with Elder Ringer who is waiting for his visa and going to Ukraine. We got done with our dinner appoitment this week and we wonderin what to do suddenly a thought came to my mind, go and see Jesus hernandez ( he is a less- active). So i followed on the impression and went straight to his house. We got there and he opened his door right when we walked up and he thought we had knocked. ha but really we didnt even knock yet. we sit down and start talkin with him and there is this other guy named sergio who lives with him. He invites sergio in ( and by the way jesus can speak english and spanish but sergio can only speak spanish) and sits down and we start talkin to him and jesus translates for us. I cant remember the questions which we were asked but I want to tell you are questions were led totally by the spirit there was an amazing feeling that was in that room. We ended up giving sergio a spanish book of mormon and he invited us back. That expereience was amazing to feel the holy ghost even when you dont understand what some people are saying. :) I better start learning some spanish. You'd figure me bein from Az I would know a little something haha. Thats funny right there i dont care who you are :). We were also teaching another one of our investigators who is sososo close to baptism!!! We spent the entire lesson asking questions that came to our mind. We really wanted to find out where he was standing with his testimony. so the whole time we basically drilled him with questions. I want to tell you again that it was an amazing experience to watch someones testimony grow so much from since we started teaching him any week now he should be baptized :). our area has been blessed to be able to have a baptisimal date for another student for december 10th we set that date this week. Things are really pickin up for us and we are keepin busy. but now that this week is thanksgivin things will probably slow down a bit. But its ok :) So that house that we build every friday is almost done !!!!! Its been fun workin on it and watching it piece by piece but we should probably be startin another house soon!!
So this will probably be the most exciting part of my email. This week we got the chance to go up to charleston, WV and see Neil L. Anderson!!! It was so great bein able to see an apostle. Just imagine how busy an apostle is and is able to come spend two hours with missionaries. So I prepared well this week to be able to hear Neil L. Anderson I wrote down all the things I was strugglin with as a missionary and i found that most of them were answered in his talk. "What think Ye of Christ?" (Matt. 22) We were challenged to think more of Christ and study more about Him. Our witness of Him needs to be firm and bold. Study His characteristics, His teachings, how He healed, and how He taught and blessed. The scriptures bear testimony of Him and so must we.
As we do that, remember that no goodness or righteous act goes unnoticed. All of what you do in righteousness will help you and your family. You have to be true and faithful. Do not underestimate the good you do for others in this life.
He was assigned here for a reason. Find out for yourself what the reason was that he came for you.. Elder Andersen said, "Don't be unbelieving of the power of angels."
He also said something else really cool that stuck out to me as a missionary feel inadiquate is not uncommon but its necessary. Often times I dont feel like i measure up but it was nice to know from an apostle that its necessary to feel that way.
Then this sunday i was sitting in church and I heard an amazing talk by a student who talked about his mission. He talked on the subject of obedience and i felt it was something i really needed to hear as a missionary. If there is one thing I can say thats the most important thing its obedience its not easy at all to be obedient. But as I continue forward as a missionary I realize that i can do so much better and yesterday that talk was exactly what I needed to hear. Although it might take most of my life to improve on some things I know with my heavenly father and with my saviors help and can strengthen thosethings I struggle with. All those who read this email. . .please if there is one thing i want to say to you today is be obedient, just dont mess up, realize your weaknessand how much your father in heaven loves you and wants to help you.
Well as you all know this week is thanksgiving I just want to take a minute and tell you all what I am greatful for.. .
I am so thankful to be a missionary, i am so thankful to be serving a mission, i am thankful for my best friends which i havve came to meet on my mission, i am thankful for their love and support, i am thankful for wonderful comapanions, i am thankful to be serving in such wonderful areas, I am thankful for my family especially my mom and my grandma my dad and my brothers and sisters. I am thankful for a prophet, I am thankful for the book of mormon, i am thankful for the bible, i am thankful for my savior, i am thankful he is my firend, i am thankful for prayers, i am thankful for my heavenly father. I am thankful for all of you. :)
I love you all so much i hope you all have a great thanksgivin. i misss you all like crazy. please be safe. Today i get to put up a christmas tree :) just like buddy the elf. And one more story then ill go. We went to dinner at this mexican ladies house this week and she had someone there that only spoke spanish ha ha and i was tryin to say whats your name in spanish, and it turns out I was sayin I love you ha ha and the girl went awww ha ha it was so funny. :) well again happy holidays and i hope you all get stuffed like a turkey. gobble gobble!!!!!!
love elder bentley- moroni 8:3



- " And he said to them all, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me." Luke 9:23

No comments:

Post a Comment