Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November 1st, 2011

Happy late Halloween everyone!!!!! Hope you all were safe and had lots of fun and ate tons of candy!!!!! I am so excited to tell you all about my week!!! Its been really exciting.
Well first i want tell ya how annoying Halloween is as a missionary. I probably had more than a dozen people come up to me and say "nice costume elders ha ha ha !!!" I could almost quote it word for word what everyone said to us haha !!! But it was supper fun we passed out candy with some members and had some broccoli cheese soup that was good!!!! We walked down the city yesterday and in front of every shop there was people passin out candy and I cant tell ya how many people gave us the wierdest looks!!!! It was so funny!!!! I bet they didnt know we were serious or faking haha I almost died laughin at peoples faces:).
Well this week has been pretty exciting!!!! I got a call from president pitt on monday, he asked me if I would be willing to train again, I said of course!!!! I will be training here in BV!!! i am so excited, I know that this new missionary will be a blessing to this area!!! I am so nervous to train i hope i can be a good example, to this new missionary. I love training, its super duper hard but its also way fun to watch an Elders testimony grow of the principle he teachers. Thats been something cool to watch with Elder Parker. There is so much work to do here in BV I hope I can help this area as much as I can!!! I am sad to see Elder Parker leave though he has been such a great example to me. Last night we had one of the best lessons together, It was totally led by the spirit, he did such an amazing job at teaching it was the best lesson EVER, he will be going to Barbousville, WV. That area was in my old district, so he will be right near Logan that is pretty sweet. I am so excited for him.
So this week I have been way excited to share my thought with you all!!! This week when i got that call from president pitt these words stuck out to me. "I want you to know how much you heavenly father loves you" have you ever taken the time to realize how powerful those words are. We as priestholders say it in almost every blessing we give, we as missionaries promise that to those we teach. " Your Heavenly Father loves you" is such a powerful overwhelming statement!!! I want you to know that i have a testimony of that, That our father in heaven loves each and everyone of us. He loves us so much that he was willing to give us the true church on the earth today, he loves so much that he was willing to give us a savior to come down to earth and atone for our sins, he loves us so much that he provided ways to live him forever, he loves us so much he gave us temples, the priesthood and the Book of Mormon. He gives us so much to proves he loves you!!!! How great is it to know we have a loving heavenly father. We were sitting in sacrament the other day and this CES Missionary bore his testimony on our loving heavenly father, I wish you all could have heard this wonderful talk it was amazing!!! But one thing stuck out to me that he said, " may we not forget the father" , May we not forget how much our father loves us, how much he blesses us. I promise you our father in heaven is real, with all my heart. I hope you all will take the time this week to think of these powerful words. " Heavenly Father Loves you!!!" 1 Nephi 11:17
" I know the father loveth his children. . ."
So this week we might be movin into a new apartment ill tell you all the new adress next week. Something cool thats happening this month is a general authority is coming November 11-14 we get to go see Neil L. Anderson. i am so excited then in January a person from the 70 is coming to see us!!! Its going to be so awesome!!! Our investigators are doing great we are have hopefully a couple baptism coming up soon we are so excited!! i cant wait to email you all next week and tell you all about everythng. i love you all so much. thankyou for your support to me and to my family!!! I miss you i hope you all have such a great week and remember how much your heavenly father loves you!!!
love : Elder Bentley
moroni 8:3

No comments:

Post a Comment