Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October 24, 2011

Whats up everyone!!!! I hope you all have had such a brilliant week!!!!! I hope you all are just as excited for halloween (or christmas- which i will explain in my email.haha) as we are here!!!!! I am so happy the weather is finally cooling down. its so nice not sweating everyday haha!!! Well I cant wait to tell ya all about my week!!!!
So this week has been loads of fun in our companionship!!!! Seems like everything is just going great!!!!! I guess to start things off. . . ITS BEEN AWESOME!!!! This we week we got awesome referral!!! This lady requested a book of mormon, so we tried multiple times to try to get it to her either she wasnt home, or this one time this guy told us to go away. So we finally decided after a couple days to call her so we did. She didnt answer but texted back and said she already has a book of mormon and she is currently reading it. But she doesnt want to meet with us yet till she finishes it. She is like really really really interested in our church. me and elder parker probably gave each other a million high fives while she was texting us all this. she said she wishes she could join our church now but she has some family situations to work out. WE are so excited to teach this person. We were teaching this other lady this week she had AT LEAST 24 cats in her house and a dog. I couldnt even keep track of how many there were haha. This week I had the opportunity to go on exchange with elder Partridge for the day, we taught a really cool lesson. this week. We got this refferal over the phone we decided to go check on it. This guy requested a book of mormon. We got to this guys house he invites us in and we had the most amazing lesson ever!!!! It made me miss teaching with him. This guy is so ready to be baptized!!!! he agreed right then if he came to know if these things were true he would go through with baptism. It was awesome!!! I loved the lesson. Elder Partridge is such a great missionary and I am so thankful for the example he is to me, to be a better disciple of my savior, Jesus Christ. This week we had alot of fun like i said. we celebrated Christmas. We do these things called rule of the nights every night besides sunday and we decided to have Christmas, it was fun!!! We found a Christmas tree and found lights and set them up we even played Christmas music all night haha it was GREAT!!! THis week has been a blast.
Well I guess I have been so luck as a missionary to have such great companions!!!!!! Elder Parker is such an amazing missionary and I am so greatful for the opportunity which I have had to be his companion he has taught me ALOT! Its been so cool to watch his testimony grow and share it with people. He is a great teacher of this gospel and I have loved being his companion.
Lately I have been reading in Doctrine and Covenants and I love how its so missionary themed there are so many simple things that stick out to me. I love my gospel studies they get better and better everyday and heavenly father really blesses me with his spirit during that hour. I learn so much just by simply putting my soul in the lords hands for one hour. I am so thankful for the time I have to be his investigator, to be his disiciple and have him teach me. I really love this verse in Doctrine and Covenants section 35: 19
"Wherefore, watch over him that his faith fail not, and it shall be given by the comforter, the holy ghost, that knoweth all things. "
I love this verse I seriously learn so much from the holy ghost during my studies. I know that the spirit can teach us the things we need to know to endure each day. i have a testimony of that that we can learn so much if we just listen to the comforter which bearth truth of all things. .
I love being a missionary. I love my mission. I love serving the lord. I pray that you all will have such a great week and I hope that you all will always remember how thankful I am for you. I hope these emails uplift each and everyone of you in some way. I love ya all have such a great week!!!! THank YOu!!!! PRESS FORWARD SAINTS!!!!!
love elder bentley ( moroni 8:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment