Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 27, 2011

WOW!!!!!! what another great week!!!! I dont think life could get any
better as a missionary!!!! I hope everyone has had a great week. I am so
excited to tell ya about the week I had.
Well this week has truely been a great learning experience for me. I had a
great opprtunity to be able to listen to the spirit. And we have been so
blessed as a companionship to find so many new people to teach!!!
Well last week I told ya the story about the rough lesson we had with this
lady. For a couple days after the lesson I prayed really hard heavenly
father to comfort and to guide me by thy spirit to know what to say to help
this Lady understand the Plan of Salvation. i prayed to help me become a
better teacher of this gospel that we would get our lesson across to her
clearly. So on Wednesday we got done eating dinner at Sister Thomas's and
went and said Hi to the Stowers for a bit. After we got done and got in our
car Elder Whitehead turned to me and said so Elder Bentley who do you want
to go see i remember just taking the time to listen to the spirit go to
Anita's. So I did I drove straight there. I remeber an overwhelming spirit
come upon me as we said the prayer before we got out of the car.( As a
companionship we always pray before we get out of the car, it helps alot
with out teaching appoitments or whatever we decide to do). So as we went
inside. Anita sat us down and said Elders i prayed tonight asking heavenly
father if you could come by and see me tonight. Thank you so much for
stopping by. At this point I was just astonished , I was amazed I had the
chance to listen to the spirit to know what we should do. The lesson that
night went so well!!! better than the last one!!!! She understood the plan
of salvation better, and seemed to accept it a little bit more. I am so
greatful I answered her prayers. We were so blessed this week to teach so
many people. Through teaching these people we found 8 new people to teach
and all the lessons went so well!!!! I am so greatful for Elder whitehead
and the chance we have to work together in this great and marvelous
work!!!!! I love it!!! Yesterday I had the chance to confim Zach Lamb member
of the church . I was so scared I was going to mess up the prayer again I am
so great ful I got the special opprtunity to do this for him!!!! I am so
greatful I had the chance to baptize him and his mom in the church!!!! I am
so greatful for alll the friends I am making here in Logan!!
So this week we get our new mission president !!!! President Pitt!!! I am
so happy I get the chance to experience 2 mission presidents. I have learned
so much from President Thornock but I am so excited to learn from President
Pitt. He is going to be touring the mission and coming to see us here in
Logan at least we wont have to clean up our appartment to much!!! ha ha
So I have been progressing so much in my gospel studies!!!! I am almost
done with 2 Nephi. I am so greatful Nephi simplifies what Isaiah says. I
sometimes wonder what was going through Joseph smiths mind as he read about
himself. I think that would be so crazy I dont know how I would react ha ha
. Probably one of my favorite verses I read this week was in 2 Nephi 31: 20

" Wherefore, ye must pressforward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a
perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if
ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the
end, behold, thus saith the father: ye shall have eternal life. "

I love that scripture so much!!!! its exactly what i needed to hear after a
hard week. I know if I just have a perfect brightness of hope everyday and
show my love towards everyone!!!! I will pressforward in this work. i will
press forward to having eternal life!!!!! I love this scripture so much!!!!
I hope everyone can apply this to themselves as much I applied it to mine.
If you ever have a bad day or anything think of this scripture and have that
perfect brightness of hope for a better day. And i promise things will be
better as we do this and especially as we listen to that special special
gift of the Holy Gohst which Heavenly father has given us all. I am so
deeply greatful heavenly father gives me trials and hardships even as a
missionary. I have learned so much from them and they have been such a
testimony builder for me. I am greatful for the chance I had to answer
someones prayers this week. I love my heavenly father and I am so greatful I
didnt pass by this special opportunity!!!!!
I hope you all know how much I love ya!!! Thank you all for you letters
and emails you send I really am thankful that you all take that time to
write a missionary 2,000 miles away!!! I love you all so much!!!! Thank you
for everything . Have a great week !!!! Your all the best.
love:
Elder Bentley(moroni 8:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment