Monday, November 19, 2012

November 19, 2012


Happy Turkey Day everyone!! Its such a great time to be a missionary. I hope you all are having such a great week and i hope that your families are all doing so well!
Well i got my new companion this week?! Elder Whitby, he is a hard worker, He is from Washington, grew up on a farm, great kid and has a strong desire to be here!! We were able to have a pretty good week this week, 'befire elder Clay left we were driving down this street and i saw this house and for a couple weeks everytime we drove by I have always wanted to knock on it, so we did it was so spiritual when we first talked to her, the prayer we left her with was so so amazing and so powerful and she said she was really needing something more in her life right now. Then we went back on Thursday with members and taught her, it was so powerful in that room, the spirit was overwhelming and I could just really feel how much God loved this lady. I know that god's elect are out there and we just got to find them.
Well this week I have been studying alot from the bible. And I am just going to summarize what stuck out to me this week, we all know that Christ went into Gethsemane and he told his disciples to stay awake and watch with him because his heart was heavy, and exceeding sorrowful. Matthew 26 :39
" And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, Let this cup pass from me : Nevertheless not as I will but as Thou wilt."
and from the next verse he prayed for at least 1 hour and went back 2 more times to pray. I just wonder what christ was praying for during that hour, I feel confident to say that he was praying for each and everyone of us. He knew us he loved , he know the trials, the sufferings , and everything we would face while in this mortal life , he loves you so much that he was able to walk and take the wieght of the world , during those lingering hard hours from the Garden to the cross. Christ does love you and I think it would have been so cool to be there with him during those moments.
I am thankful for a savior, and for our father in heaven who loves us unconditiionaly. I am thankful for my family I am great that we are sealed as a family and that we can be together forever. I am thankful for my mission and the people that I have been able to serve. I am thankful for blessings from our father in heaven. I am greatful to know that we have angels amoung us every where to lift us and bear us up in our time of need, I am thanful for the priesthood and a living prophet. I am thankful for all my many blessings and all that god has given. I challenge each of you to only give prayers of gratitude for this week and see how much you are greatful for .
I love you all I hope you have agreatt week I miss you and I hope you have a wonderful thankgiving. God bless you!!!
                                                                             love
                                                                         Elder Bentley
                                                                 moroni 8:3


No comments:

Post a Comment