Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October 22nd, 2012


GIVE ME SOME FIN NOGGIN DUDE!!!!!!!!!! You all got some serious thrill isues dude haha :) how are you all doin!! I hope fine and dandy. .
Well  this week has been a pretty good week. Yesterday we had a great day at church, Our ward mission leader before he spoke decided to put me on the spot and make me go up and bear my testimony about missionary work. i guess it turned out good our bishop said last night, that he thinks he called me out because that is what invited the spirit was my testimony. Then the other day we were doing some things and I felt really prompted to go see one of our investigators who has cancer and might die soon. . . and we got over there and he needed help gettin up, his wife couldnt do it and he said man i wish those two boys would show up, next minute we knocked on his door, we went in and helped we know that heavenly father lead us there. We were able to pick up some new investigators this week. I am really hoping and praying that I can find a family, I have yet to find a family to bring into the church so if you all could help me out I would really love for you all to pray to help me with this. Its one of my goals I hope I can achieve before the end of my mission. But we are finding great success here. I am still learning so much and growings so much, I got alot to learn these next couple months!!
So I have been thinkin its football season and I love football stories and I thought this was pretty sweet so hope you alll like it its has a great thought behind it. .
When I was a young man in high school, one of my passions was American football. I played middle linebacker. The coach worked the team hard, teaching us the basics. We practiced until the skills became natural and automatic. During one play against our biggest rival, I had an experience that has helped me over the years. We were on defense. I knew my assigned opponent, and as the play unfolded, he moved to my right into the line of scrimmage. There was a lot of noise from players and fans. I reacted as the coach had taught us and followed my man into the line, not knowing if he had the ball. To my surprise, I felt the ball partially in my hands. I gave it a tug, but my opponent didn’t let go. As we tugged back and forth, amid all the noise I heard a voice yelling, “Packer, tackle him!” That was enough to bring me to my senses, so I dropped him on the spot.
I have wondered how I heard that voice above all the other noise. I had become acquainted with the voice of the coach during the practices, and I had learned to trust it. I knew that what he taught worked.
We need to be acquainted with the promptings of the Holy Ghost, and we need to practice and apply gospel teachings until they become natural and automatic. These promptings become the foundation of our testimonies. Then our testimonies will keep us happy and safe in troubled times.
I love the holy ghost I am greatful for its still small voice that whispers to us at any time, all we need to do is recgnoize it and I promise if we follow it we will be led to do what right, thats one of the biggest thing I have come to love on my mission is the promptings of the holy ghost!!
well we are excited for elder whiting to come we have alot to do to prepare, I hope youall have a great week. I love you and mis you. and may god bless you!!! thanks for everything !!

                                                                                                                                elder Chaz bentley moroni 8:3
                                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment