Monday, March 26, 2012

March 19th, 2012

Howdy Ya'll I hope your week was so awesome and I hope all is well back home. This week I hope that my email will be able to help you all and i hope you all will be able to learn something from what i share. I am so excited to tell you all about this week. it was so great!!
Today I want to start off this email by telling a story we all know from the bilbe. . I will be pulling my thoughts today from John chapter 21.
At this time Jesus appears to the disciples at the sea of Tiberias. and i wanna focus on peter after he makes it to the shore. Jesus ends up asking peter, " Peter, do you love me? more than your boat your boat, and your net, and your fishes." And peter said, yea you knowest I love thee. and jesus said unto him, " "FEED MY SHEEP!!!"
He goes on to ask peter a second time " peter, do you love me? more than your boat, and your net, and these fishes." And peter replies. you know i love thee. and jesus says " "FEED MY SHEEP!!! "
And jesus ask again a third time, this time peter is a little stressed that he has to anwer this again. But Jesus goes on to say " peter, do you love me ? more than your boat, and your net, and these fishes." and peter replies thou knowest I love thee.
and jesus said "FEED MY SHEEP!!!"
Do we love him? are we willing to follow him and leave our nets (disobedience) and other thing to show the lord we love him. I have spent alot of time thinkin about this scripture this week. I have realized I need to do things and change to show the lord i love him. I mean just put your selves in peter shoes for a bit can we tell the lord we love him? Our master who cares so much for us is pleading for us to follow him , to feed his sheep, to show the lord that we are willing to give up everything to follow him. I have decided on the nets i need to leave behind the things i need to change to follow my savior more and thats what Im going to do to show him I love him. I love this verse from come follow me. . we dont sing it to often but I like it
" we must the onward path pursue
as wider fields expand to view
and follow him unceasingly,
whate'er our lot or sphere may be."
Follow him, trust in him who loves you so much who is pleading for us to just " Follow Him"
then may we all FEED HIS SHEEP!!! I have realized Im never going to get these 2 years back but my mission is not over once it ends my mission is for eternity and I will commit to the lord to FEED HIS SHEEP because i love him and am willing to follow him.

So this week has been a great week we were able to step up our area this week the lord is really blessing us and our district already. This week I went on exchanges to this area called mannington!!! I got to pet baby goats on this exchange it was awesome, we would pick up the goats and it would lick and slobber all over our name tags it was so funny!!! But we were able to find 5 potentials for that area but thats awesome for that area because they relly needed it . Then while i was on exchange there we found 3 new investigators in our area it was so awesome!!! But this week I had another encounter with the spirit this week . . . while we were driving this one day, I noticed some apartment that really stuck out to me , and these apartment just kept itching in the back of my mind for a couple days . So I said today lets go tract out these apartments , my companion agreed. we went we were able to find 11 potentials we are hoping to teach 9 of these people on tuesday, It was so amazing I dont know who but I know an elect person is waiting for us in those apartment. i am so stoked that i was able to listen to and follow the promptings of the spirit and I know that the lord is already blessing our area in so many ways!! so we have a pretty exciting week coming up.
I am so excited for general conference to be able to listen to our prophet and the other leaders is so exciting, i am excited to be in the number again for full time missionaries!!! Things are going pretty good here in fairmont, I know my main job here in fairmont is to love my compnion, my area and my district. I hope I can do that. I hope I can be the best leader I can be and I hope I can strengthen my commitment to the gospel, and show the lord i am willing to follow him.
I wanna send a quick thank you to mellisa gardner for the wonderful package!!!! It got to me safe and sound. thank you so much for all you do, I am thankful for you and your wonderful family. I love you all so much I will write ya shortly.
I wanna thank you all for everything, thank you for taking the time to read these emails. I hope they are worth your time. I love you all so much. I pray for you all and I am assured and know that our father in heaven loves every single one of you!!!! I express my gratitude for you all and the blessing you all are to my life . may we always remember to follow our master, our good shepherd who wont lead us astray, at all times. I love you have a great week. thank you again!!!

-elder bentley moroni 8:3

No comments:

Post a Comment