Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 2, 2011

Wow I cant believe another week has flown by that fast but I guess thats
what happens when your staying busy and working so hard :)!!!! My mission
just keeps gettting better and better everyday, and this week I have really
gained a special closeness to my heavenly father. Im so deeply greatful for
how much he blesses me and my family and especially this companionship.

Heavenly Father has blessed our companionship so much this week, we have 3
baptisimal dates set for this month. One of our baptisim is this weekend. :)
which we are super excited for, her name is Crystal Lamb and she cant wait
to be baptized. She promised us she would quit drinking tea and she loves
the church!!!! her son told us yesterday she wants to follow her mother and
be baptized so hopefully we can get another baptisimal date here soon. :)
Then our other baptism is on May 22 and his name is Austin Workman we are so
happy to be teaching this young man. He is super smart and is always excited
to learn :) and the cool part is he said he wants me to baptize him. He said
he wants to become a missionary like us, but what he doesnt notice is that
he already is a missionary his mom and step-dad are not mormon and he has
already gave them a book of mormon and they read it as a family. Austin is
such a great person with a strong testimony and Im really happy with his
desicions that he is making. Then Alex Dalton is our 3 Baptizmal date and we
getting scared for that because lately he has been gone alot and has not
shown any intrest but hopefully he will pull through and recognize how much
joy this gospel can bring to his life. As you can see we have been working
hard and the Lord is blessing us with so much. This week we had a chance to
go tracting alot and we had a really funny experience with that ha ha . We
went and knocked on this guys door at like 10 in the morning he comes to the
door looks through his diamond window and waves us off. . so we started to
leave when all of a sudden he opens the door as we are walking off and says
in a angry voice " im tired of being woke up!!!! Im going to start putting a
sign on this door " ha ha then he "TRIED" to slamm the screen plastic door
in a angry way but then as it came back it hitt him in the face then he
punched the door, we just walked off the porching laughing ha ha :). We meet
this new investigator this week and this was a pretty cool experience for me
we got done tracting some streets and it was pouring rain. . We stoped in
front of the bishops house and I felt and urge that we should begin tracting
this street. . . so I did, we came the middle of the street we tracting and
found this lady named Anita we taught her that night but what was so cool is
that 2 day s later we went back and she said 2 days before we knocked on her
door she said the lord told her that he would be sending 2 people over at
the same exact time we knocked on her door. She said but how will I know who
they are? and he said they will have been raised in the light and truth
since their childhood. And she said that was us!!! I thought that was so
cool!!! I really felt like the lord is watching over this companionship and
Im so thankful for that chance I listened to the spirit to tract that street
:) we are currently still teaching her and Im so greatful for this
experience and how much it strengthened my testimony.

So this week ,as I said last week, i made it a goal to have better prayers
and can i just say I acomplished that goal!!! I have really felt a sapecial
closeness to my heavenly father throughout this week just by improving my
prayers. Not once have I asked for anything. From now on All my prayers are
going to be full of thanks. One of my favorite scriptures about prayers
comes from Alma 37:6,7, 36,37
6Now ye may suppose that this is
afoolishnessin me;
but behold I say unto you, that by
bsmall and simple things
are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth
confound the wise.

7And the Lord God doth work by
ameansto bring about
his great and eternal purposes; and by very
bsmall means the Lord
doth cconfound the wise
and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.

36Yea, and acry unto God
for all thy support; yea, let all thy
bdoingsbe unto the
Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea,
let all thy cthoughts be
directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon
the Lord forever.

37aCounsel with the Lord
in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for
bgood;
yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch
over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the
cmorninglet thy
heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye
shall be lifted up at the last day.

I think this is one of the greatest promises the lord gives us by just doing
these small and simple things, will bring about great and eternal purposes.
And this is one of my favorite scriptures about prayer that we just pray!!!
we will be lifted up at the last day!!!! I have gained such a strong
testimony of prayer!!! This week I have made it a goal which has been a goal
my whole life and will always continue to be and that is to develop better
Christ like attributes. I really am excited to get started on this and to
act on this forever. I dont want to go back home to Arizona in 2 years the
same person. I wanna develop Christ like Attributes and become better than i
was. I want these people in West Virginia to see the light of Christ in me.
I know as I do that I will grow in Testimony and it will be so much easier
to be obedient. I am now up to 3 nephi in my personal study and I am really
getting excited for when the savior is coming to the Americas. im so much
more happier than i was 3 months ago. Its such an awesome feeling to be a
missionary to live the gospel everyday and to help these people of West
Virginia!!!

I really hope Elder partridge wont have to leave and that I wont have to.
He is such a awesome companion with such an amzing testimony. He has helped
me progress so much in this gospel and he is a missionary I want to become
like. He is such a Great trainer. I found out that his great times 4 grandpa
was the first bishiop of the chuch. So now I really think I got the best
companion ever!!!I dont think all this succes would be possible without him.


Well I hope everyone has such a great week and Im so happy to be serving a
mission. Thank you everyone for helping get on my mission. I love you all so
much!!! Be safe.

love:


Elder Bentley (moroni 8:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment