Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April 18, 2011

Well like always this has been another great week. ALOT has happened and
this week has really helped my testiomony to grow.

Well this week has built my testimony because i have been really into the
scriptures. I can not set the book down and I never want to stop reading it.
Recently I have been reading about Alma and the Sons of Mosiah and there
missionary experiences they had with the Lamanites its amazing what some had
to endured but the Lord kept his promise and delivered them out of the hands
of their enemies. I really like chapter 17 in Alma verses 2 and 3 I have
made it a goal for my self to come back off my mission as the sons of Mosiah
did. and I really liked verse 11 as well
"and the Lord said unto them also; Go forth amoung the people of West
Virginia, thy brethern and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in
longsuffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto
them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the
salvation of many souls. "
I really enjoyed reading this verse and it made me Ponder alot about what I
am doing for the people of west Viginia I am Establishing his WORD!! I
really enjoy the blessing that follows for us as missionaries I will make an
instument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls. That is just
such an awsome blessing that will come if I establish his word. That is one
strength I have gained while I have been on my mission is finding blessing
within the scriptures that apply to my life today and certain blessings I
want to achieve in the future. I love the book of mormon and I am learning
more and more everyday from it. It has become my best friend. ANother good
missionary scripture I have found while studying the scriptures is
Alma 37:33 - 34
"Preach unto the repentance and faith on the Lord Jesus Christ; teach them
to humble themselves and be meek and lowly in heart; teach them to withstand
every temptation of the devil, with their faith on the lord Jesus Christ.
Teach them to never be weary of good work, but to be meek and lowly in
heart; for such shall find rest in their souls."
I know that is my purpose as a missionary is to help people find rest in
their souls through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. I have grown to love
this scripture as a missionary.
I can promise you the book of mormon is true. I know it can help draw closer
to our heavenly father and we can find those blessings and answer to our
prayers as we read the scriptures. I have gained such a testimony for this
book and I know ITS TRUE!!!!!
This week I had an awsome chance to meet with my mission president and I
really enjoyed being able to sit down oneon one with him and talk to him.
But i dont think I have ever been so nervous in my life than I did when I
sat down with im ha ha. He said he was proud of the missionary I was
becoming. And he is so happy that i am gaining such a strong Testiomony of
the scriptures.
We have a Baptisimal Date on May 13 and I am super excited his name is Alex
dalton we had to move it because he has not had all the lessons yet but we
are really excited! And I am because it will be my 1st baptisim since I have
been out!!!
Well got put into the Barbousville district with and this District is way
bigger!!! we have 3 elders from Arizona and we are acctually going to stay
with one tonight for District meeting tomorrow.
Well this week we had a great chance to do service for member because of the
flood, but it seems like once they get everything fixed around here another
flood happens. Its sad but we have such a great branch who works hard to
help everyone in need.
O ya on Wednesday we walked 18 miles in 5 hours!!! it was crazy we kept
getting wrong directions but at the end we finally meet this lady who gave
us a ride she had not talked to missionaries in years!!!! She agreed she
wants us to come back and teach her I think It was a blessing to walk so far
to find her at the end!!! The lord is guiding our companionship and we are
so blessed as missionaries to have his Spirit guide us in West Virginia

WELL I just want my family to know how much I love you!! Thank you so much
for being the best examples to get me to where i am today. I want to thank
my leaders and my friends as welll!!! Thank you so much!! I hope everyone
has a fantastic week and be safe. I love you all!!!



Elder Bentley-


Moroni 8:3

No comments:

Post a Comment