Monday, December 3, 2012

December 3rd, 2012


Family and Friends!! I hope you all are doing well, I sure do miss ya bein without family around the holiday can sure be tough some times but its great and ok when you know you are doing the right thing.
Well This week was kinda slow for us here we are working and working we walked basically everywhere this week it was sure crazy haha!! We had a couple cool experiences where we really felt like we needed to be in an area and in those areas 2 members stopped us 1 said that she was from california  and that she hadnt been to church in a while and she was looking to come back so we are excited to visit with her more she has a boyfriend whose a non member so we will see how it goes, and the other person we ran into was a member who has lived in our area for 6 months and she traveled every sunday 45 mintue drive to blacksburg for 6 months, thats a awesome member I tell you what, haha. We are working with a couple investigators we are really struggling trying to get them to come to church, I hate it when they dont come I  just wanna leave church and go drag them outta bed. But we are really trying to work hard I know the elect are out there I love this scripture which gives me more and more hope everytime I read it Doctrine and COvenants 29: 7
"and  ye are called to bring to pass the gathering of mine elect ; for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts."
 I just hope aand pray i can find a family my mission president sent me a short letter and said "I know the Lord will bless you and open the opportunity to have a family." I just hope that will come true . I think that is the most wonderful gift i want this christmas is to find a family and there is no better feeling than bringing someone into the gospel so family and friends I would invite you to just include in your prayers for me this christmas.
Well  what a marvelous time of year it is to be a missionary. I pray that we will be filled with the spirit of christ and love this christmas season like my sweet grandma once told me what joy meant:
Jesus
Others
Yourself
The christmas I remember the most at least I think it was christmas is one time my mom  made cookies to go deliver to people and me and one of my brothers and sisters went to go deliver it to people and we saw this lady who got outta her car and one of us said we should go give her a plate of cookies we got out and delivered it and tears just rolled down her face and she said something along the lines of " thank you, you will never know how much this means to me." she had a really hard day I know that we were led by the spirit to serve someone we never meet and it had a big impact. I know this christmas seasone we can serve that same way and make someones day.
I hope my grandma knows how much I love her I hope your doin well G MA keep getting better and look out for those reindeer they can be painful if you get run over by them haha. I sure do love ya and i am thinkin of you
I love you all so much, I hope that your having a great christmas season and I pray that it will be full of wonderful memories of serving others. I love you!!
                                                                                                                                      love
                                                                                                                                      Elder chaz bentley
                                                                                                                                      moroni 8:3
Buddy the Elf: " Santa is coming there is so much to do!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment