Wednesday, December 19, 2012

December 18th, 2012


hey family well this week should be exciting!! I hope you all have had a great week and your christmas is going well for you all!!
Well this week is pretty exciting because its the start of my last transfer!!!!! Transfers are this week, I am getting someone by the name of elder Wilcox he is from Tuscon Arizona that place sounds really familiar I have a feeling i am going to really love this kid especially from what my mission presidents been telling me so this should be great, good thing I am stayin here in good ol Vinton, ha so if you feel like sending a letter please do, if not bottle up your feelings and tell me in a couple weeks haha :)!! Well I am super happy to be stayin it should be legit I am just glad i dont have to pack, thank goodness. I think it was awesome to hear that brody got home great job CUZ, sounds like you tore it up out there, we will for sure have to sit down and catch up on good ol times in the miss. I hope your doin well dont take to many of the girls save some for me for when i get home haha i will see you soon buddy.
So this week I have been studying JEsus the Christ its a good book, very very deep i have yet to read it on my mission but if I read a chapter a day i could probably finish it before I go home thats my goal!! But I just love the things that I am learning about the savior, this week I have come to know that CHrist is the only one that could be born of an immortal father and a mortal mother. I know that christ went about to fufill his father in heavens will. I have also come to know more than ever that Christ is our Savior and that testimony grows more and more every day just by simple Being a missionary. I was talking with my companion this week and we this calling that we hold is the highest calling within the Church, the things we learn out here i could never learn back home. I just love it when I come to know my savior more and more everyday and it really puts that desire and that yearning to want to be like him. I just love this time of year so much that we have to re-commit or re-allign ourselves with christ, I love him and my father in heaven and I know that they love you so much!!
I hope my brothers and sisters retain in rememberance ( i love it when it says that in the scriptures) how much i love you great job nana in basket ball i know soon you will be able to dunk it over all the girls mom says your the best out there you great sister and your gorgeous stay away from the boys till after your mission , I love you sister and I love the spirit that you always have with you, CADE what up buddy you getting good at football i hear, you keep bein a good brother and setting a good example to your brothers and sisters i know i look up to you alot and i love how close you are to your heavenly father always pray cade, coda bug words cant define how much I freakin love you dude, you little stud out there playing basketball, i remember i got cut from the freshman team in basket ball i am proud of you your doing a great job coda remember that your preparing for your mission now if  you can go watch a mormon message called Staying within the Lines by jefferey R. holland, coda right now more than ever these years you prepare are so crucial for your mission coda i want you to be a missionary now which means becoming like the savior , coda just imagine how sweet it would be to convert one of your friends and baptize them before you left on your mission, i wish i could have baptized someone before my mission coda share the gospel and be an example now dont wait, be like the savior at all times, coda i love you and i justwant you to have the best mission when you grow up and i know that the decisions you make now will effect the people you come in contact with then. I love you brother so much. I love all of you family and friends so much and I really do wish I could have helped one of my friends come into the gospel before i left on my mission i really do. you all can do it especially this time of year just invite and have the missionaries do the rest, i love you all and pray for you everyday. This is going to be a great transfer I know it. Merry christmas and i am excited to talk my family next week!!
BUDDY THE ELF: "OH MY GOSH SANTA I KNOW HIM!!"
                                                                                                                love elder bentley
                                                                                                               moroni 8:3
Eliminate all self defeating, faith destroying,atonement denying, thoughts words and actions. mission tour 2012 Scott D. Whiting 

No comments:

Post a Comment