Monday, December 19, 2011

December 19th, 2011

Howdy y'all. I hope everyone is doing so so well. And having an awesome christmas. Well this email might be a bit short but I hope it enough. . .

I am so thankful for this christmas season. There is no better time of year than this. I want you all to know I love my savior I am greatful for him and his love that not only he shows to me, but to my family and those around me. i love him. Last night me and 3 other missionaries had the opportunity to go to a presberterian church. Its was interesting but we felt the spirit so much and ill tell you why. One of the wards around here , gets together with this church and does a special christmas program. So our choir sang and played some christmas music and it was awesome, me and my companion were sitting next to some people of the other faith and almost after every song they would say, they are so good!!! It was just amazing the spirit we felt as we sang hymns about our savior and worshipped with another faith. We were happy to get a couple people interested in talkin to us ;) !!!!! I love this christmas season its amazing. And I have been so uplifted this week as I have thought about my savior and put him first. I am greatful to know he is always there for me and is willing to help in my time of need. I love my father in heaven and I am greatful that he was willing to send his son down here to this earth to show the way to live. I know that indeed this christmas is one of my best christmas. I am greatful to be spreading his gospel to all people.

So this week we had a cool thing happen for us, we have been teaching this less-active guy and right after church we got a text from him yesterday and said elders i wanna come back , i know its the right thing to do. He has already gave up smoking and is working on coming back to church now :) We are so excited. I am so greatful that the spirit is still leading me in this work, we were walking down the street one day and I said elder look that screen door is open lets go nock on it. He agreed we went we got up to the door and knocked and this lady said yes come by any day im always home we proceed to give her a book of mormon, it just felt like heavenly father had prepared us to meet with her. :) That was a pretty cool experience. I am so excited to be district leader its going to be stressful but i know i can do it :).

I am going to miss you all so much this christmas I hope and pray that you all will remember our savior, our brother and gain a better relationship with him this christmas. I am going to miss my grandmas mexican food, this christmas is going to be really different. But I think it what I need. I love you all so much. thank you for everything that you all do, for the many letters and everything i appreciate it i love it. and I am so thankful. Thank you.

I have testimony of this work, I am greatful to be helping others this christmas season and i know there is no better work i can be doing.

i love you all . merry christmas . and i miss you.



love elder bentley
moroni 8:3
i love this scripture:
alma 13: 28-29
8 But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call on his holy name, and watch and pray continually, that ye may not be tempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be led by the Holy Spirit, becoming humble, meek, submissive, patient, full of love and all long-suffering;
29 Having faith on the Lord; having a hope that ye shall receive eternal life; having the love of God always in your hearts, that ye may be lifted up at the last day and enter into his crest.

No comments:

Post a Comment