Tuesday, December 13, 2011

December 12th, 2011

How is everyone doin!!!!! i hope all is well and are enjoying this christmas season. This has been such a great week for me. I cant wait to tell you all about it:)!!!!!

This week has been supper dupper cold!!! BRRRRR!!! Well this week has been so exciting, i dont even know how to begin this email. :) ha its been such a great week!!! Well I found out that im going to be staying here in Buena Vista for another transfers and Im going to be the district leader :)!!!!! That should be a fun learning experience and i will be keeping the same companion. :) I am happy to stay here in bv because we got baptisms coming up!!! So that was exciting news to hear that Ill be a district leader!!!

Jay E. Jensen from the presidency of the 70 came and spoke to our stake. It was so great to hear what he had to say. I wanna share with you all a couple of things that I learned from him. Saturday night, he spoke to all the college students and me and my companion had the oppotunity to attend. Elder Jensen started his talk off talking about hymns and he pointed out something in a christmas song that I never noticed before. in Hymn # 206 Away in a Manger. Elder Jensen pointed out something, in the last verse.
" be near me lord jesus, I ask thee to stay.
close by me forever and love me I pray.
bless all the dear children in thy tender care
and fit us for heaven to live with thee there. "
What powerful powerful words. I love those words. And that is something I never notice before, what such a great goal to have this christmas season, to find ways we can be better fit for heaven. He went on to tell us how much he loves hymns and his scripture and how they bring us in harmony with god. I as Elder Jensen love my scriptures so much. he challenged us to be in them every single day. wether its a verse or whatever always be in the scripture. I pray that we will remember the importance of the scriptures and how much closer they will bring us to christ this christmas season. Then on Sunday morning he spoke to all recent converts, less actives and investigators and had an awesome testimony meeting. We were happy to see one of our less actives come that we have been working with for a while. :) So this weekend was exciting.
This week has been awsome. We set 3 people with a baptisimal date. That has been pretty exciting. We have a baptism coming up on January14 with brenton, we are excited for that because we know he will achieve his date no matter what!!!! We had an investigator commit a less-active to come back to church this week. so things are pretty exciting around here in bv.
So this week I had some funny things happen to me. like always :
So this last week I was with 3 other missionaries on exchanges and we went to the Stake Relief Society Presidents house for dinner. All was going well. We ate dinner and I finished and was going to take my plate in to the sink. when all of sudden my pants stuck to this nice wooden bench that I was sitting on. so I sat back down and tried a second time to get up. And my pants continued to stick all of a sudden the whole family and all the missionaries started laughing. It was pretty funny. Im gald my pants didnt rip and that I walked out with them on. :)
Then a couple days later they saw and came up to me and started laughin and said they will never forget that dinner, and she painted the bench so pants shouldnt be sticking anymore haha. Then that same night we went to a parade and we got some hot chocolate from a members shop and we went out and were watching the parade, so I was standing there perfectly fine, with hot hot water, when all of a sudden a member comes up and says HEY MISSIONARIES!!!! and bumps my arm (he didnt know I had hot chocolate) and it spills all over my hand and that burned pretty bad haha, then all over the ground. I looked back up and him and my comapanion were dying laughing . . ha ha I am glad it didnt spill on the person in front of me or on my cloths :)
haha I dont get why all these funny moment happen to me.
Well I hope I will do good at this whole ditrict leader thing and be the best I can be. I love you all so much. I hope you all have a great week and a great christmas. I love you all!!!! thank you for everything!!!
love elder bentley: Moroni 8:3

No comments:

Post a Comment